New Tires
One more post for tonight :) . I just put new tires on my truck. Pored over reviews and talked to people about a few tires that I was looking at and finally decided on Dunlop RVXT's, which are supposed to be really good in snow and mud and still be decent on treadwear.
It's been raining here in Golden all day and getting real green, so I decided to take a short drive out in the rain just to get away and spend some time with God at around 10 this evening. I ended up at highway 72, so I decided to head West into the mountains on the road. Sure enough, the rain turned into snow a few minutes later as I climbed up above 7000 feet. And yes, the tires rocked. Got myself stuck a little bit in spots, but most of the time I couldn't even do doughnuts with these things. I was able to plow up stuff I couldn't have done with snowtires and the Sonoma back in Michigan. Well, I guess I'll have to see how they do in the dry snow when I get to Houghton, MI this coming fall. Some sandbags'll probably be making it into the back of the truck anyway.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home