Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Hotel Rwanda

Sunday night Nate (my apartment-mate) and I decided to
rent a movie. We went down not entirely sure what to
pick and took out Hotel Rwanda - I remembered that it
was a movie that I wanted to see but couldn't remember why.
Turns out the movie is very similar to a Schindler's list.
A man by the name of Paul Rusesabagina risked his life and
all he knew to save his family and over a thousand people of
an ethnic group called the Tutsi's during the Rwandan
slaughter of 1994, where over a half million of these men, women,
and children were slaughtered by their neighbors and
government in a 13-week period. God's definately given me a love
for the wilderness and the mountains and a desire for a wife in the
future. But it angers me so much that we as people can sit
back and watch these things happen. Watch a movie like this...or
say Black Hawk Down, and my desire to be out there fighting for
and with others for what's right overcomes me and even some of my
greatest loves. I think that's because the love that God gives
us for others far exceeds our love for anything else in this
universe. We long for justice. And God has given men an
incredible desire, the strength, and responsibility to fight for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home